Pasta with Goat Cheese and Spinach
Adapted from Everyday Food, June 2009
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound gemelli or other short pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed well and torn
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, toss pasta with beans and goat cheese.
2. Make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard and season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day.) To serve, toss pasta mixture with dressing, spinach, and onion.