I did cut the amount of oil down by half, and still found the sauce to be thinner than I would like. Perhaps I'm just a really good lime juicer? Either way, the kabobs came out great, not too spicy for me, but great flavor for him.
Chili Chicken Kabobs
Source: The Eat-Clean Diet for Men™, via Fitness Freak
- 3 Tbsp best-quality olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 large onion, chopped into thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce and stir to coat.
3. Preheat the grill to medium high. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with chopped onion pieces. Discard the marinade.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.