I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Sunday, April 20, 2008

Product Review: Wilton's Bake Even Strips

I finally got around to using these Wilton's Bake Even Strips. I've had them for... probably almost a year! This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe, a layered carrot cake, was the perfect time to test them out.

I have the small package, which is two strips, enough for two 8 or 9 inch round pans. The strips are soaked in cold water, and excess water is squeezed out using your fingers. On my 9 inch pans, the ends just barely cross over each other, and are secured with a pin. They came out of the oven dry (and a warm to the touch), so I just let them cool and then stowed them away.

Results: I think my carrot cake layers came out great! I certainly don't feel the need to level them off. Some edges were slightly more browned than I'd like, but that may have to do with me not turning the oven down 25 degrees for my dark, nonstick pans. Overall I think they work great!

4 comments:

CB said...

Thanks for the review! My Wilton teacher told me about them but I didn't buy them b/c I wasn't sure they'd really make a big difference. After hearing your rave I might have to pick some up! :)
Clara

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your review! I've been wondering about these so it's great to hear that they do a great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's great! i haven't purchased these yet b/c I have really thick pans and, honestly, I'm super cheap. But I think I may just have to get these now!! That cake came out PERFECTLY!

That Girl said...

I'm so glad you reviewed these!