I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Friday, February 26, 2010

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I saw these in a recent issue of Clean Eating magazine and could not wait to make them. I love cookies and always am looking for new clean cookie recipes to try. These were so easy to make, but apparently I made them a little too easy - I didn't mix the dough well enough and I had quite the variety of cookie shapes, all on the same pan! I had the flat-as-a-pancake variety, tall mounds that never seemed to settle at all from the drop shape, and then the perfect middle ground. (I have a picture of the cookie sheet somewhere, when I find it, I will post it in all it's hilarity).

IMG_0066c
These cookies are delicious, and this was my first time trying almond butter. It's quite different from peanut butter, and I really like it (though really, I'm not surprised, almonds are my favorite!)


Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Source: Clean Eating Magazine, March/April 2010
Yield: 24 cookies

1 cup unsalted almond butter, stirred well
3/4 cup sucanat
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), broken into small pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients until (well!) blended.  Stir in chocolate.

2.  Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.  Remove to a wire rack and let cook for 15 more minutes. 

Nutritional Information, per cookie:
Calories - 110
Total fat - 8 g
Sat. fat - 1.5 g
Carbohydrates - 10 g
Fiber - 1 g
Sugar - 3 g
Protein - 2 g
Sodium - 55 mg
Cholesterol - 10 mg

7 comments:

cookingkatie said...

I have been wanting to make these!!

Sara said...

Mmm, these sound great. I heart cookies! Cute blog. Just stumbled across it. :)

DailyChef said...

These cookies look so good! I could eat nothing but cookies all day, I think...

J said...

Sounds excellent! I love almond butter.

Lynnette said...

i made these as soon as i got the magazine. they were so good!

Kate said...

How did I miss those? I have recently discovered almond butter, and have been craving cookies. Thanks!

Mary Bennett said...

I can not wait to try these! They are gluten free and my son will love them(((: