First on my list was this recipe for cranberry white chocolate cupcakes. Cranberries and white chocolate are two of my greatest loves, so I knew this would be a great combo. I almost left the white chocolate bits out of the batter, and ultimately I think it would be better without them, especially with the white chocolate frosting. For the snowflakes, I melted some white chocolate, then added it to a ziplock bag. On a piece of parchment paper, I traced some snowflake designs, then flipped the parchment over. I cut a small tip off the end of the bag, and piped white chocolate, following the snowflake designs, onto the parchment. I let them set for about 20 minutes while I frosted the cupcakes, then carefully lifted each one off the parchment with an off-set spatula.
These cupcakes are fantastically delicious with the cranberries providing just the right amount of tart, and the hint of orange play very well with the cranberry. Perfect for any winter gathering!
White Chocolate-Cranberry Cupcakes
Source: Culinography (adapted from Baker’s Chocolate)
Yield: 18-20 cupcakes
- 6 (1 ounce) squares white baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
White Chocolate Buttercream
Source: Cupcake Shop
1. In a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, gently melt the white chocolate. Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
- 7 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) philly cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ~2 cups powdered sugar
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
2. Beat in the melted white chocolate.
3. Add the vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat at low speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl, until light and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar to arrive at the consistency and sweetness you like. 2 cups worked for me.