Mediterranean Chicken Packets
Source: Slightly adapted from Everyday Food, April 2009
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Ground pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 artichoke hearts (from a 14-ounce can), quartered
- 12 Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place four 12-inch squares of parchment paper or heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Place a chicken breast on one half of each square, leaving a 2-inch border; season with pepper.
- Dividing evenly, top chicken with tomatoes, artichokes, olives, capers, and feta. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Fold parchment over ingredients, and crimp edges to seal.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until chicken is opaque throughout, 20 to 22 minutes.
Total Fat: 14.1 g (I'm guessing this goes down to around 11g with omission of the oil)
Sat. Fat: 4.3 g
Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
Fiber: 1.8 g
Protein: 44.1 g