Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Source: The Way the Cookie Crumbles
- 1 large bone-in skin-on chicken breast (about 12 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of garlic powder
- 2 ounces (½ cup) mozzarella, shredded
- 1 ounce (¼ cup) blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion or scallions, diced very fine
- 12-16 ounces pizza dough (one third of a recipe calling for about 4 cups of flour), stretched out to 9-12 inches (Whole wheat pizza dough recipe here)
2. For the buffalo sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar, hot sauce, and vinegar. Mix the sauce with the shredded chicken.
3. For the white sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk or yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, garlic powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
4. Assemble the pizza: Place the pizza dough on a wooden paddle that’s been liberally coated with cornmeal. (Or use parchment paper instead of the cornmeal, or the back of a baking sheet instead of the paddle.) Spread the white sauce evenly on the pizza dough; top with the chicken, then the cheeses, and finally the onions.
5. Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the crust is browned. Let the pizza rest about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.