I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

TWD: La Palette's Strawberry Tart


This week's recipe was chosen by Marie of A Year from Oak Cottage, and BLESS her heart for choosing something so simple! It was my "weekend off" from the kitchen after sort of over-doing it last week, so I was trying to do as little as possible. As an added bonus, the second time seemed to be the charm with the sweet dough. It had a completely different texture this time around, and I think I was a lot closer to what it is meant to be. I cut down the recipe and made two mini tartletts out of it.

This was simple to put together and I used the "forest berry" preserves that I got for Dorie's Perfect Party Cake, which I will be making later on tonight. I had 4 pounds of strawberries, so I was happy to have a place to put them! The dough is certainly not a soft dough, but was very good. Overall it was a delicious end to the weekend. Check out the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers here.

17 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Beautiful! Let us know how the perfect party cake goes!

Prudy said...

Yum yum yum! The preserves look heavenly on your tart!

NKP said...

Wow, that looks great! What a great idea making mini tarts, I think I might do that next time.

Bumblebutton said...

Yum! Forest berry--I'll have to remember that! Nice job, and good luck with the cake!

Lori said...

Yeah- post a picture of the perfect party cake! I have been wanting to make that! Just waiting for an excuse.

Anonymous said...

Those preserves look like they would be great by themselves.

Anonymous said...

FOUR POUNDS of berries? Quit bragging! ;)

Heather B said...

yum! The preserves look so tasty with the berries!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty tart! It looks great with the jam! I hope you like the party cake- I thought it was fabulous!

Christine said...

Yum and I love the preserves! Hope the party cake comes out great!

Susie Homemaker said...

Gee that looks good - Great job!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Wow! That jam looks absolutely delicious!

That Girl said...

I love that it's overflowing with berries!

ostwestwind said...

I like your minis
Ulrike from Küchenlatein

~Amber~ said...

This looks delicious!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Looks so delicious!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Jaime said...

looks great! those are the same preserves i used the dorie's perfect party cake too :)