I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pumpkin Ice Cream

I love pumpkin. I love ice cream. This was clearly a match made in heaven!  This ice cream is perfect with chopped pecans sprinkled on top.
IMG_0016c

Pumpkin Ice Cream
Source: Slightly adapted from The Novice Chef / Ben & Jerry's
  • 2 large eggs (I used the equivalent amount of eggbeaters)
  • 3/4 cup sugar or 1/2 cup agave nectar
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup fat free half and half
  • 1 cup low fat (1% milk)
  • 1 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, and continue whisking 1 minute more, until completely blended.  Pour in the cream, half and half, and milk and whisk until blended.  Pour 1 cup of the mixture into a separate bowl. Add the pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon to the mixture. Stir until blended. Return the pumpkin mixture to the cream mixture and whisk to blend. Refrigerate mixture for at least 4 hours.  Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the directions.

3 comments:

MrsAshleyEm said...

That looks fantastic. It's reasons like this post that I want an ice cream maker so much!

Jen said...

I love pumpkin ice cream! I like to put crushed graham crackers and whipped cream on it. Tastes just like pumpkin pie!

Anonymous said...

Perfect is right! yummmm!