I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TWD: Mixed Berry Cobbler


As promised, I am back with the Mixed Berry Cobbler. This week's recipe was chosen by Beth of Our Sweet Life, and I was very excited to have yet another easy recipe! I was quite proud of myself for diving right into the dough without batting an eyelash. I made a few changes after reading comments from other bakers... I used brown sugar instead of white, and added some cinnamon and nutmeg. I cut the whole recipe down by about 1/5, and baked it in a little soup crock (which I love!), for just about the same time as the full recipe.

This was very simple to put together. Yes, I am still omitting sugar from my diet, but I snuck a bite of this to try it out. It was GREAT, even without the ice cream! I can only imagine this warmed up and topped with a nice scoop of vanilla...mmmmm! And cutting down the recipe went very smoothly, I could definitely see making myself a personal cobbler every so often when I roast some spaghetti squash (gotta love two things that bake at the same time and temp!). Check out the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers here.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I LOOOOOVe berry cobbler and this one looks amazing!!

Engineer Baker said...

That final picture looks delicious! Great job!

Mari said...

That's one cute little cobbler!

ostwestwind said...

What a great looking cobbler, very tasty and appetizing

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

That Girl said...

I love the individual portion idea!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

personal cobbler is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your cobbler looks wonderful! Your pictures are so pretty :)

Susie Homemaker said...

look at all that delicious JUICE! Divine!

Pamela said...

Beautiful little cobbler! Nice job. Good luck with the sugar!

Anonymous said...

I love the color in these photos. Really beautiful.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Yummmmm...that looks amazingly good.

noskos said...

Looks great!!

Unknown said...

Looks delicious...now I know what to do with my little soup crocks which have been gathering dust in my cabinet...

Jules Someone said...

That looks lovely! And delcious!

Jules Someone said...

That cobbler looks delicious! Yum!

Christine said...

I really like the individuals. Your cobbler looks amazing especially the last pic!

Jaime said...

love the first photo! i can't really imagine cobbler w/o ice cream! :)

Dolores said...

A compact cobbler in a soup crock... what a great way to indulge without overdoing it.