I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Monday, June 15, 2009

Tuscan Turkey Burgers

I felt like having burgers again over the weekend, and Cara's Tuscan Turkey Burgers were next on my list to try. One of my basil plants is doing very well, so I picked a handful of leaves to make just enough pesto for this recipe. I skipped the balsamic reduction out of laziness, but I'll try to make it next time because it really would add a lot to the dish. As I made them, we still loved them.


Tuscan Turkey Burgers
Source: Cara's Cravings

1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup pesto
1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
4 hamburger buns
1 plum tomato, sliced
handful of field greens
4-6 oz fresh mozzarella
balsamic syrup (reduction)

Combine turkey, pesto, sundried tomatoes, onion, and garlic and mix well. Place stone on grill and heat up. Form turkey mixture into 4 balls, tightly packed. Drop on hot stone and flatten with a spatula. Cook for about 8 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella and close the grill for a few minutes to warm the cheese. Serve on toasted buns with field greens, tomato slices, and a drizzle of balsamic syrup.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been eating a lot of turkey burgers lately, the flavors in this one sound delicious!

Mom24 said...

Okay, ignorant question here--do you put your baking stone on your grill? I've always wondered about trying that, but I've been afraid my stone would crack over the gas flames. I'm really curious if it works for you.

This recipe sounds delicious.

Stefany said...

Mom24 - Oops I didn't use a stone. We have a lava rock grill, so there aren't any direct flames anyway. I just put them directly on the grate. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is a great twist on a turkey burger. I make them all the time and I think I may have to try this one for something a little different!

I nominated you for a blog award in my blog, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!