I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Friday, June 26, 2009

Hoisin 5 Spice Chicken

As soon as I saw this recipe at Bella's Bistro, I couldn't wait to make it! I love chinese 5 spice powder and am always so excited to find a new recipe to use some. This marinade did not disappoint! We grilled instead of baking and loved it.



Hoisin 5 Spice Chicken
Source: Cathy's Kitchen Journey/Bella's Bistro

INGREDIENTS:
6 chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 tablespoon honey (I used agave nectar)
2 tablespoon soy sauce

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 500.

Add all ingredients, except chicken, to a large Ziploc bag. Close the bag and shake gently to combine. Add chicken to the sauce bag, seal and toss to coat. Set in the fridge for a few hours.

Bake in upper third of oven until skin is browned and chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.


2 comments:

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

I love your blog. I found it while looking through the Good Things Catered blog. I'm adding it to my fave's right now. I can't wait to try some of your recipes. The Banana Split Cupcakes look particularly good this early in the morning =)

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks great and I love the asian flavors in this!