I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grilled Peanut Chicken

I'm back! There was a slight hiatus there while I did a little traveling and finished up remodeling our bathrooms. Ready to get back in the swing of things, we figured up the grill this weekend and starting looking for inspiration. By this point I know my google reader and cookbooks are tapped out for grilling marinades, so I went to my long lost bookmarks folder. There I found this gem, which had patiently been waiting for me to finally go out and get some curry.

I knew my husband would like this recipe, but the original recipe calls for just brushing the sauce on while the chicken is cooking. I prefer to marinate. We had two large chicken breasts that I cut up into kabobs, then I doubled the sauce and added a little water to thin it out (listed below are the measurements I used). I used about 2/3 of the sauce to marinate the chicken for about 90 minutes. The rest of the sauce I heated up when the chicken was done and served it as a dipping sauce -- this is a definite must! The sauce is so wonderful for dipping. Some of the reviewers suggested heating it up with some brown sugar, but I was too lazy for that this time around. Maybe next time!


Grilled Peanut Chicken
Slightly modified from: Allrecipes

~ 4 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
~ 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
~ 4 teaspoons soy sauce
~ 2 cloves garlic, chopped
~ 2/3 teaspoon curry powder
~ 2 dashes ground cayenne pepper
~ 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the chicken and marinate for at least one hour.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken until cooked through.

4. Heat remaining 1/3 of sauce and serve on the side.

4 comments:

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Hiatuses are allowed although it sounds like you were really busy!!

That chicken looks really tasty!

Laura said...

This looks great! My husband loves anything with peanut butter. lol. Thanks for sharing.

Molly Jean said...

As always, this looks great!


Now come swing by my blog and pick up your award :)

the twins said...

thanks for the recipe, it looks great! i've tried to make chicken satay with peanut sauce before, but it never turns out exactly right. i'll have to try this recipe.