I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Sunday, May 25, 2008

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream





This is a spin on the Old Time Vanilla Ice Cream, and is from the same website. It is, perhaps, not as peanutty as I'd like, but it is still OH so delicious and my husband absolutely loves it! Here I topped it with some caramelized peanuts leftover from Snickery Squares - yum!

Having made this recipe so many times, I've worked how to lower the fat content a bit. The resulting ice cream is still SO creamy and wonderful that you'd NEVER know you were missing anything!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Adapted from Doc Wilson's Ice Cream page

~1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg beaters)
~1/2 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
~1/2 cup peanut butter (I use chunky)
~1/8 cup sugar
~1/8 cup upacked brown sugar
~4 ounces heavy cream
~4 ounces skim milk
~8 ounces fat free half and half
~1/8 tsp salt
~1 Tbsp vanilla extract
~1/8 to 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I go by eye!)

~In a large mixing bowl whisk together egg and sweetened condensed milk. Add sugar, brown sugar and peanut butter, mix thoroughly. Then add heavy cream, milk, half and half, salt and vanilla extract.

~For the very best results (who wants anything less?), let the mix chill in the refrigerator for about four hours which allows the mix to "age" before freezing according to the directions with your ice cream freezer. In the last 5 minutes of mixing, add the chocolate chips.

4 comments:

That Girl said...

That's one of my favorite flavor combos

Anonymous said...

WOW, this looks SINFULLY delicious! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely ridiculous. My mouth is watering!

Cat said...

Peanut butter an chocolate..yumm. Whoever originally mingled those flavors together is genius. The ice cream photos look great, especially the one with the p-nut toppings!