I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Honey Mustard Chicken

My husband and I loved this easy version of tangy honey mustard chicken.  The recipe suggested serving with this colorful rice pilaf, but I really didn't care for that part of the meal.

IMG_0043c

Honey Mustard Chicken
Source: Clean Eating Magazine, March/April 2010, p76
Serves 4

  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 2 tbsp raw organic honey
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, oil, garlic, and 2 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Heat a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-high, mist pan with cooking spray and saute chicken for about 5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink. Add honey-mustard mixture to chicken and saute for about 3 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the pilaf because the colors really play up the chicken. It looks great though!

DailyChef said...

Mm, I love honey mustard! Looks pretty easy and delicious. I'll have to try this on a weekday night.