I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chili Chicken Kabobs

My husband requested chicken kabobs over the weekend, but while he was imagining these, I was trying to think of what else I could make to avoid the sugar and soy sauce. A quick search led me to this recipe for chili chicken kabobs from the Eat-Clean Diet for Men book... how perfect! I knew the flavor profile was one my husband would love, so I was excited to make them.
IMG_0325c
I did cut the amount of oil down by half, and still found the sauce to be thinner than I would like. Perhaps I'm just a really good lime juicer? Either way, the kabobs came out great, not too spicy for me, but great flavor for him.

Chili Chicken Kabobs

Source: The Eat-Clean Diet for Men, via Fitness Freak

  • 3 Tbsp best-quality olive oil
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • Juice of one fresh lime
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1 large onion, chopped into thick pieces
  • 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and pressed garlic.

2. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce and stir to coat.

3. Preheat the grill to medium high. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with chopped onion pieces. Discard the marinade.

4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

These look delicious! I'll have to make them for my boyfriend. I know he'll love them!