I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Friday, July 17, 2009

A Versatile Frozen Drink

We love frozen drinks. Normally, my husband is great in the role of bartender, but when I noticed he made them with ice, frozen fruit, and alcohol as the only liquid, I decided to take over. I started by adding some juice, then found our secret ingredient: fruit sorbet. Our freezer was full of it, so why not? It turned out fabulous! This is a great summertime drink that is totally customizable... choose your fruit, juice, sorbet, and type of alcohol to make your own creation. Today we used frozen strawberries, cranberry juice, orange sorbet, and tequila!


Versatile Frozen Drinks

1/2 cup frozen fruit
5 ice cubes
1/2 cup fruit sorbet
1/2 cup liquid - make your own combination of juice and alcohol! Vodka, rum and tequila all work well. For tequila, I recommend 1/4 cup tequila, 1/4 cup juice.
Additional (splashes) of juice to make it come together if your blender is as awful as mine is

Toss all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour and serve! Makes about 2 cups.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yum! a drink to customize to any occasion is always great! good idea on the sorbet.