I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Friday, January 22, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Pizza

We love pizza, and with my new favorite whole wheat dough recipe, we make is 2-3 times a month. I love trying out different combinations of toppings, and this time we went for the classic combo of spinach and artichokes.

IMG_0030c

There is nothing fancy going on here, but it's a great way to get some spinach in. Yay for leafy green vegetables!

Spinach Artichoke Pizza
  • One portion whole wheat pizza dough
  • 1/2 cup marinara sauce
  • 1/2 can artichoke hearts, chopped
  • 1/2 package frozen spinach
  • 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (a number of cheeses would work well, pick what suits your fancy!)
Roll dough out to 9-10 inches in diameter.  Top with sauce, then spinach, artichokes, and cheese.  Bake on a preheated  pizza stone at 450 degrees for 7-9 minutes.  Let the pizza rest 5 minutes before slicing.

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    yay is right! And yummm! :)

    DailyChef said...

    I love spinach on pizza! I guess I'm partial to spinach in general, but on pizza, it's especially good.

    Have a great weekend!

    J said...

    Husband and I agree - we NEED to make this pizza! Or more accurately... I need to make it for us. ;-)

    Thanks for the awesome post!

    PageRank Check said...

    creative healthy idea love it

    Jen said...

    I also love spinach on pizza. Yours looks great.

    Colleen said...

    I love this - great pizza and a classic dip all in one!