I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream

I've had numerous attemps thus far to make tasty fish tacos. Nothing seems to come out right. The addition of avocado cream made this recipe quite appealing, so I figured I'd give fish tacos one more try before giving up.


I am so glad I did! The spice of the Emeril's seasoning was soothed by the delicious avocado cream. A definite keeper for us!

Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream

Source: SweetTea in Texas

For the tacos:

2 tilapia fillets
taco seasoning (we used Emeril's Essence)
lime
cilantro
tortillas (use whole wheat tortillas to make this meal clean!)

For the avocado creme:
1 small ripe avocado
1/4 C fat free sour cream (or greek yogurt)

In a Ziploc bag, combine the juice of 1 lime with about a Tbps of taco seasoning. Shake the bag, to mix and then add in the tilapia fillets. Marinate this for about 10 minutes (while you heat your grill).

Before your turn on your grill, place a sheet of foil on the grill grates and spray with a non stick spray. This is just an easier way to cook this fish. Turn grill heat to low & cook fish for about 10 minutes, turning once, until fish is white & flakey.

While the fish is cooking, scoop out the flesh of a small ripe avocado and combine with the sour cream. Set this aside.

Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the grill, on the top section to heat through.

To serve, spread warm tortillas with avocado creme. Top with flaked tilapia, and a sprinkling of cilantro.

5 comments:

Maria said...

These look great! I think I'll add them to my menu for next week--yum!

Shauna said...

My husband and I enjoy fish tacos and we usually use a chipotle cream on them. I will definitely give that avocado cream a try next time. Sounds like a delicious addition.

Kerstin said...

Love that avocado cream, we always enjoy fish tacos!

Anonymous said...

Those look INSANELY good! YUM!

the little lady said...

made your avocado cream last night! added some lime and cilantro to the mix. both DH and I loved it! thanks for the inspiration!