There was much to love about this city, but I will shamelessly admit that every morning we looked forward to stopping at this hole-in-the-wall bagel shop for bagel sandwiches. We ate them everyday and planned our activities so that we wouldn't have to leave the hotel in the morning until they were open, since the shop was very close to the hotel.
Now, with my ever adored homemade whole wheat bagels, I decided to bring this Dublin tradition of ours to this side of the pond. Though I can't remember the exact combinations we had in Dublin, I perused the fridge and found a few leftover items that would work great together. The possibilities are really endless here, and I hope to be inspired with other flavors in the future!
- 2 whole wheat bagels
- 1 chicken breast, seasoned, grilled, and chopped (I used Mural of Flavor seasoning from Penzey's)
- 1.5 ounces sliced Fontina cheese
- 4 Kalamata olives, pit removed and sliced
- 1 artichoke heart, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sun dried tomato spread (recipe follows)
Slice bagels in half. Layer the bottom half with chicken, olives, artichoke heart, then cheese. Toast both halves until cheese is melted. Top other half of bagel with 2 tablespoons of sun dried tomato spread. Place both halves together and enjoy!
Sun dried tomato spread
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt