I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Wednesday, August 20, 2008

TWD - Granola Grabbers



I was so excited to be making cookies this week. They tend to be quick, easy, and so yummy! These Granola Grabbers were no exception! The batter came together in a few minutes (while my stand mixer was working the butter and sugar, I got everything else together). I overfilled a 2 tsp cookie scoop to make my cookies, and just popped them in the oven. I went slightly over the suggested cooking time for my tray of larger cookies. I did notice that mine flattened right out. I'm not totally sure why. It didn't really bother me though because they were really good! I made a few adjustments... omitted the almonds and peanuts because my granola had almonds in it. I was cutting the recipe in half, but forgot to halve the egg (may have contributed to my spreading problem). Either way, YUM. As a side note, I found a granola I love! I had tried Bear Naked granola before, years ago, and at the first bite definitely noticed how little sugar there was. Maybe I have gotten used to lower sugar foods, or maybe this is just that good, but I LOVE their Vanilla Almond Crunch and almost didn't want to make the cookies and use up 1.5 cups of it! (Photo from Bear Naked website)
Granola Grabbers
From Baking: From My Home to Yours, by Dorie Greenspan
Chosen by Michelle of Bad Girl Baking.
Check out the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers here.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, they look kind of great, spread out a bit! kind of like a chocolate chip cookie or something. i like that granola, too, especially because it's a bit less sweet.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Your cookies look great! Thanks for the Bear Naked granola rec too - I'll have to pick some up soon :)

~Amber~ said...

These look so good, I am craving cookies and you aren't helping. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the Bear Naked granola, but I haven't seen that flavor. The search is on! ;)

CB said...

ooohh that vanilla almond granola looks yummy! Job well done with the cookies!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Engineer Baker said...

I'm guessing that leaving out the nuts and doubling the egg both led to your cookies spreading, but it just eliminated a step in the prep process, so no harm done!

Pamela said...

I've heard good things about that granola. Hope you enjoy it. The cookies look good.

That Girl said...

I'm going to keep my eye open for that granola!

Jules Someone said...

Those are some good looking cookies! Yum!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your cookies look delicious. Bear Naked is quite good, lots of different flavors. We like the basic orange bag the best.
Nancy