I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lime-Cilantro Chicken

I've had this recipe starred in my google reader for a while now. I needed something easy for grilled chicken the other day, and this fit the bill! It certainly helped that I happened to have a bunch of fresh cilantro in the fridge waiting to be used. I only marinated it for a few hours instead of overnight, and it still turned out GREAT with tons of flavor! We loved it and will certainly be making it again!

Lime-Cilantro Chicken
From The Deen Bros. Cookbook - Recipes from the Road, seen on My Baking Heart.

~1-1/2 limes
~1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves
~1/4 c vegetable oil
~2 tbsp honey
~1-2 jalapeno peppers, trimmed and sliced (remove seeds)
~2 tsp tomato paste
~4 cloves garlic, chopped
~Pinch of salt
~5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the limes. In a blender, combine the zest and juice with remaining marinade ingredients. Puree until smooth. Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

After the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 375. Place chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until juices run clear. (We grilled them instead - yum!)

3 comments:

That Girl said...

I seriously would eat anything with lime!

Anonymous said...

YUM! It looks so good! I love the lime-cilantro combination on the grill!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! This is on my list for the weekend. :)