Cheesy Baked Tortellini
Adapted from Giada de Laurentiis
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- 2 cups marinara sauce, we like to use Puttanesca sauce
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley or 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 8 ounces purchased cheese tortellini
- 6 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Brown the ground turkey or chicken in a skillet over medium heat, until no longer pink. Meanwhile, whisk the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl to blend. Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain. Add the tortellini and browned meat to the sauce and toss to coat. Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top the mixture with the smoked mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes.
Here is mine, ready for the oven:
And fresh out of the oven....
aaaaand on the plate: