Sesame-Ginger Barbecued Chicken
Source: Better Homes and Garden: New Cookbook Bridal Edition
* 1/3 cup sweet and sour sauce (homemade recipe below)
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
* 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
* 1 clove garlic minced
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
* 6 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
2. Grill chicken 12-15 minutes until no longer pink, turning once and brushing with sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling. Reheat and pass remaining sauce.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
Yield: About 1/2 cup
* 1/3 cup rice vinegar
* 4 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon ketchup
* 1 teaspoon soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water
Mix the vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce together and bring to a boil in a small pot. Mix together the cornstarch and water, add to the other ingredients and stir to thicken.