I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tomato Shrimp Scampi

I received this from my mother as part of a collection of recipes given to me at my bridal shower. I tweaked it a little for our taste (GARLIC), and so that it made a little less so there wasn't too much leftover. This is a great dish, and pretty easy to throw together.



Tomato Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients:
6 oz Pasta (I used Barilla Plus Thin Spaghetti
Drizzle of olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chopped plum tomatoes (4 tomatoes)
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
3 scallions, chopped
3/4 pound raw shrimp
1 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
4 tbsp chopped basil

Directions:
~Saute garlic in olive oil and heat 2 minutes.
~Add tomatoes, cook 5 min.
~Add wine, lemon juice and sugar and simmer 6 minutes.
~Add scallions, shrimp and red pepper flakes, cook until shrimp turns pink - about 3 minutes.
Looks good so far!

~Stir in basil and parmesan cheese, toss with cooked pasta.

Yum! This has a wonderful light fresh lemon flavor, with a little kick from the garlic and red pepper.

No comments: