I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Saturday, February 23, 2008

Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce


Alas, yesterday was another Friday during Lent, which means no meat for dinner. We don't eat a lot of fish because I...basically don't like fish. I can do shrimp every so often, but I didn't want to do the same shrimp scampi that I did last week. Instead, I envisioned spicy shrimp with a garlic cream sauce... so off to Google I went for some inspiration! Here is what I ended up with:

Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce
Ingredients
~1.5 tbsp butter
~1 tbsp olive oil
~3 cloves garlic, minced
~1/2 of a shallot, minced (you could use the whole shallot... I like shallots but they don't like me so I try to minimize their use!)
~uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (I probably only used 1/4 pound of very small shrimp because I didn't want leftover shrimp. There was plenty of extra sauce so feel free to increase the amount of shrimp)
~spices for shrimp - I use Essence of Emeril, homemade.
~1 plum tomato, pureed
~1/2 cup dry white wine
~1/4 tsp basil
~1/2 cup heavy cream
~1/3 grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
~Melt butter and heat olive oil in saute pan. Add garlic and shallot, cook 1-2 minutes.
~Season shrimp and add to pan. Heat 3-5 min until cooked, them remove from pan.
~Add wine, reduce by half over med-high heat.
~Add tomato puree and basil, simmer over low heat for 5 min.
~Stir in cream, heat through.
~Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add shrimp back to sauce to reheat and allow sauce to thicken.

This was very good! I served it with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. We will definitely be having this again!

2 comments:

bakingblonde said...

That looks wonderful! I think I found next Friday's dinner recipe! thanks.

Anonymous said...

I want to try this recipe too! Sounds yummy. Amy