I've moved! Follow me over to The Balanced Baker.



Monday, September 3, 2007

Platinum Chef Challenge #5, Part II


So my second entry to Platinum Chef Challenge, Round 5 is a simple chicken salad with an avocado spread. The ingredients for this challenge are basil, avocado, grapes, black beans, and rice. I already posted my Black Bean and Rice "Burgers", which used three of the ingredients and left me with grapes and basil as a requirement in this dish.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts: boiled, cooled and shredded
about 10 seedless red grapes, quartered
avocado spread, added to your preferred consistency

Avocado Spread
1/2 an avocado, peeled/diced
1/8 cup mayo (i use Miracle Whip)
2 tsp lemon juice
1/8 cup fresh basil

To make spread, combine avocado, mayo, lemon juice, and basil in a food processor, blend until smooth. Add to chicken and grapes and mix until combined. (The amount of spread made by this recipe was the perfect amount for me to combine the chicken and grapes). Sandwich between bread or in a wrap, and enjoy!

(I know it looks funny, but it really tastes good!)

No comments: